- About Us
- Download Free Report
- My Account
- Our Terms & Conditions
- Products and Services
- About Our Tools
- Drilling Rigs
- Field Economics
- LNG Database
- LNG Market
- LNG Vessels
- Market Reports and Analysis
- Oil Demand Simulators
- Oil Price Simulators
- Oil Sand Profiles
- Oil Supply
- Supermajors’ Performance Analysis – Hydrocarbons & Financials
- User Guides
- Proprietary Oil and Gas Databases
- Service Index
- Welcome to Petrologica
Oil Market Snapshot – October 2020 Brent Dips Below $40/bbl as October Ends, With France and Germany Locked Down
- Brent has averaged $40.48/bbl in October so far, down c. $1.66/bbl against September, as a second wave of COVID-19 infections across the OECD weighs on demand<...
Oil Market Snapshot – September 2020 Brent Falls to c. $42/bbl in September As COVID Resurgence in Europe Dents Demand Hopes
- Brent has averaged $42.14/bbl in September, down c. $3/bbl against August, with a second wave of infections rising in Europe raising concerns over demand as co...
Shale Monitor – September 2020 Red, Dead, No Redemption: 2Q20 Revenue Collapses With Fresh Capital Unlikely
- 2Q20 LTO revenues fell faster than pricing as development activity collapsed and production was shut-in
- For our coverage universe, net income was up...
Oil Market Snapshot – August 2020 Brent Rises to $45/bbl in August, But Demand Concerns Continue to Threaten
- Brent has traded around $45/bbl in August, after four consecutive weekly US crude inventory draws, though stocks remain elevated
- Still, global COVID...
Oil Market Snapshot – July 2020 Brent Hits $44/bbl in July as OPEC+ Agrees Compensation
- Brent rose to c. $44/bbl in July, with OPEC+ applying compensatory cuts to the second phase of its deal and the EU agreeing a €750 billion stimulus package
Oil Market Snapshot – June 2020 Brent Rises to c. $41/bbl After Cuts Extensions and Firm Compliance
- Brent rose to c. $41/bbl in June as OPEC+ extended the higher cut level of 9.7 million b/d for another month to July and posted firm compliance data
Shale Monitor – June 2020 Poor 1Q20 LTO Results - A Taste Of Things To Come
- 1Q20 LTO revenues declined in line with average pricing (-25% q-o-q), while collectively net income falls to -$28.5 billion, close to the nadir of 4Q15 ...
Oil Market Snapshot – May 2020 Brent Holds Around $35/bbl As US Inventories Peak Amidst Talk Of Extended Cuts
- Brent has risen to c. $35/bbl in May as demand lifts from its lows, US inventories ease and OPEC+ cuts start to take effect, though the benchmark was a little ...
Oil Market Snapshot – April 2020 Demand Leads Supply, With OPEC+ Deal Fragile and Inadequate
- Brent has fallen to $22/bbl despite a fresh agreement on April 13th to curtail global production by 9.7 million b/d, while May WTI closed at -$37/bbl, negative...
Oil Market Snapshot – March 2020 Brent Routed After OPEC's Last Waltz with Russia in Vienna, Pandemic
- Brent has been routed to $26/bbl, as the world implements measures to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and the OPEC+ agreement collapses
- We now see Bren...